Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving right along...

Okay, so what I have done so far is realize when something is poisonous and will contaminate me. This is relationships, friendships, acquaintances, and so forth. If I have felt that someone was contaminating me with their negativity, then I just distance myself from that person. There is no need to continue to put myself through misery for nothing. I get nothing but hurt out of it.

For instance Aubrey, who is my friend, has made me question our so-called friendship. One day she calls me and says she wants to do something, and the next day she doesn’t call to deliver her promises. I found it odd and often wondered if she was true. You know that awful feeling of ‘I did something wrong’? Well, I often felt that with her. I wondered what the hell I did. Then I wondered if maybe that were just her – her character – her personality. Either way, I do not want to be surrounded by all that negativity and wondering. That shit is for high schoolers, not me!

I had not spoken to her in a few days. However, she remembered that she asked a favor of me. Oh, well lo and behold; she calls me to ask if I was still up for the favor. Of course, I stuck to my promise and did her that. Ever since then, I have not received one phone call. It is fine by me, because I am so done. And guess what? I feel great! Not having that burden weighing me down has made me feel liberated. Yes people, this person really did bring me down a lot. At a point where she knew I needed her, she just was not too nice. People like that will soon know how it feels. It hurts.

This is a huge step in my happy journey. I am proud that I am not becoming bitter and depressed over people that do not deserve that satisfaction.

HUGE step, people! I am headed towards a better path.

No comments: